POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray : Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Remastering KNOPPIX to include POV-Ray
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 Jun 2004 10:38:45
Message: <40c9c3f5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

The last two days I have been remastering Knoppix v3.4
(2004-05-17 BETA) in order to put on it POV-Ray for
Linux and some other POV-Ray related linux tools.

More info about Knoppix can be found here:
http://knoppix.net/

So far I have succeeded in producing a Knoppix CD that
contains POV-Ray v3.6 and Blender v2.32.

Both these applications seems to works ok so far.

On this page I see some more unix-tools listed:
http://www.povray.org/download/unix-tools.php

Maybe some of these and others could be put onto the
CD as well.

The Gimp v2.0, Netpbm v10 (?) and ImageMagick v6.0.1
are already on the CD.

Now some questions:

- Would anyone be interested in such a Knoppix CD ?

- Will there be any legal problems related to the
   distribution of it ?

- If not, how could/should it be distributed ?

- Does anyone have suggestions for other resources
   to put on it ?

- Could it in any way be used to promote POV-Ray or
   help sponsoring of the POV-Ray development ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com